Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Dept/Division: Academic Affairs/Transportation Technology
Position: Adjunct Instructor/Trainer-Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Status: Part-Time. EOE.
- Lump Sum Salary course assignments are based on highest degree in field. Per credit hour calculation (PCH): Doctoral-$890, Masters-$840, Less than Masters-$775
- Hourly Rate assignment range for Substitute Instruction and Coursework Development: $24.00-$43.00 rate per hour
Job Status: The search for this position is ongoing for the Sioux Falls, South Dakota, campus location, and applicants for adjunct positions will be contacted as needed. EOE.
Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For over 50 years, we have provided a cost-effective, career relevant education that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the area’s best employers. We offer more than 70 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in today’s most innovative fields.
As part of our growth, and providing our students with real "workforce" learning experiences, we are offering exciting adjunct instructor opportunities for working professionals that are experts in their field. Under the direction and supervision of the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction, the Adjunct Faculty member teaches a variety of classes for specific academic programs. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide curriculum and instruction for specific discipline applicable to Southeast Tech’s courses and program curriculum.
- Develop and manage syllabus materials.
- Demonstrate knowledge of specific discipline, and knowledge of instructional needs of technology college students.
- Coordinate course ware and curriculum with the Dean of Curriculum and Instruction.
- Facilitate class instruction.
- Evaluate student performance.
- Adhere to course protocol guidelines.
- Respond promptly to grade determination.
- Assess students and curriculum.
- Available for day and evening teaching schedules.
- Maintain a flexible schedule to respond to students and ability to teach several different courses at once.
- Participate in a series of training sessions delivered in person and online with dates to be determined before and during the semester.
- CDL SPECIFIC:
- Conduct contract training for appropriate driving-related subject matter to meet the needs of local and regional carriers.
- Maintain student records (Driver Qualifications files).
- Provide data needed for Entry Level Truck Driving Requirement of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Operate and maintain any equipment utilized by the program.
- Maintain fuel tax records for Southeast Technical College’s CDL training fleet.
- Work with industry and advisory boards to create and facilitate student learning opportunities.
- Continually assess and enhance the program to meet Southeast Tech’s educational requirements, the rules and regulations of its accrediting bodies, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the Department of Transportation, and current industry standards.
- High School Graduate or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Minimum of five-years of Class A driving experience, with clean driving record.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License and Department of Transportation (DOT) Health Card required.
- Corporate training and applied curriculum development experience preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of specific discipline and knowledge of instructional needs of technology college students.
- Pre-employment DOT Drug Test and Physical required. An unexpired, DOT Health Card may replace the DOT Physical requirements.
- Post-offer criminal background check required.
Southeast Tech is committed in preparing its students for workforce excellence and supporting the region that it serves. If you are interested in making a difference in our students' education, we want to hear from you through our application process.
Follow these steps to apply by choosing the Bold Font Link in each step:
- STEP 1: Complete the Job Application providing references of individuals that have managed and are familiar with your professional work.
- STEP 2: Upload the Application Documents into the "Resume" box and authorize the online "Consent Form."
- Application Documents required for this position include your resume and/or curriculum vitae (CV) AND copies or your academic transcripts and applicable certifications.