Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota Campus
Dept/Division: Academic Affairs
Position: Test Center Proctor
Status: Part-Time. Open until filled. EOE.
Salary: Starting Rate is $15.00 per hour
Southeast Tech is a technical college located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. For over 50 years, we have provided a cost-effective, career relevant education that prepares our students for employment in 24 months or less with some of the area’s best employers. We offer more than 70 associate degree, diploma, and certificate programs in today’s most innovative fields.
Th Test Center Procotor administers a variety of computer, client-based testing programs at the Southeast Technical College Campus Testing Center..
- Schedule, administer, and proctor tests in the Southeast Technical College Campus Testing Center.
- Proctor testing sessions and ensure that tests are administered according to client and Southeast Technical College testing specifications.
- Perform check in process with examinees, verify identification, and provide clear instructions that guide the examinees in precisely following testing procedures.
- Monitor testing experience in a courteous and positive manner.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and secure testing environment.
- Maintain accurate and secure testing procedures and records.
- Efficiently manage materials, data, and procedures with minimal supervision.
- Assist with fixing technical issues using testing center protocol.
- Assist with updating prescribed changes to software and/or testing practices.
- Complete training as required by various client testing organizations.
- Communicate and relate effectively with diverse clientele.
- Provide individual testing accommodations for students with disabilities as needed.
- Respond to all inquiries concerning internal and external testing.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required. Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of occupational experience required that demonstrates appropriately related skills to this position.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience required.
- Familiarity with standardized testing formats and the college enrollment process preferred.
- Proficiency using personal computer, including current versions of Microsoft Windows and Office applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone and copier.
- Must possess effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Follow Southeast Technical College and client guidelines for security, confidentiality, professionalism, and client satisfaction relating to examinee personal information and test results.
- Light housekeeping duties to keep check-in and testing areas neat and keyboards sanitized.
- Ability to work 20 hours each week, with some evenings and weekends for special center testing events
- Must be 18 years of age or older per requirements by certain testing clients.
- Post-offer criminal background check required.
Friendly staff and busy walk-in center that serves our campus and external communities. Great job to work a flexible schedule.
Follow these steps to apply by choosing the Bold Font Link in each step:
- STEP 1: Complete the Job Application providing references of individuals that have managed and are familiar with your professional work.
- STEP 2: Upload the Application Documents into the "Resume" box and authorize the online "Consent Form."
- Application Documents required for this position include your resume and cover letter.